Contrary to what this sounds like, it’s not, in fact, a box for branches. Some time ago when I started this blog a few people sent me ideas of things I could do or make. This was a suggestion from an old friend of mine. So I thought I’d give it a go.

The pictures below essentially show you how I made it so I’ll not go into loads of detail. Suffice it to say it was a fun project and, all in, probably took about 2 hours to do. The clasp was a nuisance and I had to put it upside down as there wasn’t enough room on the bottom half for the over hanging handle bit. Also the hinge used the smallest screws I’ve ever seen. They were like to ones you used to get on computer mother boards (when building your own PC was the thing to do).

That said, I’m quite pleased by this as a first attempt. I’ll try something with a bit more substance next time.